http://theclaremont.co.uk/bookings/ Hosting a dinner this Christmas? Looking for thé recipe to impress your friends and family during New Years? We gathered four delicious recipes that are easy to make and fit perfect to the holiday spirit. How about a tasty Carrot and Brussels sproud salad, deviled eggs or sweet apple cinnamon chips? Scroll down to get inspired by our favorites this season. Happy Holidays!
Four delicious recipes perfect for the holiday season
Heirloom tomato, burrata, and basil / Avocado, radish, watercress, and dill bruschetta
- Thick sliced baguette pieces
- Heirloom tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
How to make
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange thick sliced baguette pieces (number of choice). Brush olive oil onto each slice. Toast in oven for 5-7 minutes (until golden-brown along the edges).
3. While toasted bread is still warm, rub a whole garlic clove on each piece.
4. Arrange toasted bread on a platter or cookie sheet and assemble bruschetta with the various toppings:
– Heirloom tomato, burrata, and basil
– Avocado, radish, watercress, and dill
5. Finish each with flake salt and cracked black pepper and drizzle with olive oil (optional).
Carrot & Brussels Sprout Salad with Feta Cheese (serves 6-10)
- 25-30 Brussels sprouts (about 1000 grams), cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or grapeseed oil
- 12-20 fermented carrots, depending on the size, cut into thin slices
- 450 grams feta cheese, crumbled into large pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 bunch marjoram leaves, picked
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunches of baby medium-sized carrots, greens removed
How to make
1. Use a scouring pad to scrub the carrots well, removing any dirt or tough skin.
2. To make the salad, preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Toss the Brussels sprouts with the sunflower or grapeseed oil and a pinch of salt on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes (or until golden brown), then remove to cool to room temperature.
3. Use a mandoline to shave the carrots or cut them into thin slices with a knife.
4. Toss the cooled Brussels sprouts, shaved carrots, feta, sliced green onions, and marjoram leaves together in a large bowl.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, honey, pickle brine, lemon juice, and olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss to combine, and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
Apple Cinnamon Chips
- 2 Granny Smith apples, or your favorite type of apple
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
How to make
1. Set a dehydrator to 50 degrees
2. Cut the apples into 1/8-inch-thick round slices. Place the sliced apples in a single layer on dehydrator trays. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the apple slices.
3. Place the trays in the dehydrator and dehydrate the apple slices for about 8 hours, or until they are crisp and dry. Let cool completely.
4. Spread some peanut butter over the chips, if desired, and enjoy.
* If you don’t have a dehydrator, you can still make these. Arrange the apple slices in a single layer on cooling racks and place the racks on baking sheets. Cook in a low oven (60 degrees) for about 8 hours.
Deviled Eggs (serves 12)
- 6 eggs (from the farmers’ market, so the yolks will be extra yellow)
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
How to make
1. Prepare the eggs hard boiled
2. To make traditional deviled eggs, scoop or pop the solid yolks from the whites (avoid breaking the whites!). Place egg whites on a sheet tray or serving platter.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, mayo, and salt. Using a cake spatula or a large spoon, mix until smooth.
4. With a teaspoon, fill each egg white with yolk mixture, piling each one taller than the surface of the egg white.
5. When ready to serve, sprinkle each egg with Maldon sea salt and a dash of olive oil.
What’s on the table?
- Plates and bowls by House Doctor available at all our stores
- Water carafe by KINTO available at all our stores
- FEST vase and salad bowl available at all our stores
- Ferm Living glasses available online and at all our stores
- STONED Marble candle holders and wine holder available at all our stores