Heirloom tomato, burrata, and basil / Avocado, radish, watercress, and dill bruschetta
- Thick sliced baguette pieces
- Heirloom tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
How to make
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange thick sliced baguette pieces (number of choice). Brush olive oil onto each slice. Toast in oven for 5-7 minutes (until golden-brown along the edges).
3. While toasted bread is still warm, rub a whole garlic clove on each piece.
4. Arrange toasted bread on a platter or cookie sheet and assemble bruschetta with the various toppings:
– Heirloom tomato, burrata, and basil
– Avocado, radish, watercress, and dill
5. Finish each with flake salt and cracked black pepper and drizzle with olive oil (optional).
Carrot & Brussels Sprout Salad with Feta Cheese (serves 6-10)
- 25-30 Brussels sprouts (about 1000 grams), cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or grapeseed oil
- 12-20 fermented carrots, depending on the size, cut into thin slices
- 450 grams feta cheese, crumbled into large pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 bunch marjoram leaves, picked
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bunches of baby medium-sized carrots, greens removed
How to make
1. Use a scouring pad to scrub the carrots well, removing any dirt or tough skin.
2. To make the salad, preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Toss the Brussels sprouts with the sunflower or grapeseed oil and a pinch of salt on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes (or until golden brown), then remove to cool to room temperature.
3. Use a mandoline to shave the carrots or cut them into thin slices with a knife.
4. Toss the cooled Brussels sprouts, shaved carrots, feta, sliced green onions, and marjoram leaves together in a large bowl.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, honey, pickle brine, lemon juice, and olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss to combine, and season with more salt and pepper if desired.