In Hutspot Recipes, we ask the creative forces behind many of our delicious food brands to come up with an inspiring recipe. The guys over at Raw Halo make the most delicious chocolate. By using only natural ingredients, this vegan chocolate brand makes this guilty pleasure a little more responsible by using only organic ingredients and natural sweeteners. We spend an afternoon creating these easy to make raspberry and coconut chocolate bites. Perfect to impress at your go-to summer evening dinner party’s. Curious how to make it? Scroll down for the full recipe and learn more about Raw Halo.
Ingredients (serving 6):
- 200g creamed coconut/coconut butter
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 150g desiccated coconut (thin)
- 100g frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 bar Raw Halo Pure Mylk chocolate
How to make: Raspberry and Coconut Chocolate Bites
- Simmer the raspberries, lemon juice and 1 tsp of maple syrup until they are soft. Leave them to cool for a while.
- Melt the creamed coconut in a different pan together with the coconut oil and 3tbsp of maple syrup. Add vanilla and salt.
- Once smooth, pour the mixture over 125g desiccated coconut and mix.
- Prepare a tin of your chosen shape with some coconut oil. This way, the mixture can be removed easily after freezing.
- Spoon 3/4 of the combined mixture into the prepared tin.
- Add the raspberries to the remaining mixture and combine both with the remaining 25g of desiccated coconut. Spoon this on top the white, coconut layer and smooth out with a knife.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set for about two hours.
- Once sufficiently chilled, drizzle over melted Pure Mylk chocolate
About Raw Halo:
Raw Halo is for all the chocolate fans out there. The London based vegan chocolate makes this guilty pleasure a little more responsible by using only organic ingredients and natural sweeteners. Feeling like treating yourself? Find flavors such as Mylk/Salted Caramel or Mylk/Crispies at Hutspot Rotterdam.