Tohāna In Hutspot Recipes, we ask the creative forces behind many of our delicious food brands to come up with an inspiring recipe. The book Raw: recipes for a modern vegetarian lifestyle features a ton of seasonal recipes that will make eating vegetarian a lot of fun. Curious how to make this raw root salad? Scroll down for the full recipe and learn more about the book Raw.
Ingredients (serves 4 – 6)
Igbo-Ora – 300g red cabbage, cut into thin strips
– 2 carrots, cut into thin round slices
– 1 courgette, cut into thin round slices
– 1 striped or red beet, cut into thin round slices
– 5 radishes, cut into thin slices
– 1 pear, cut in half, cored and cut into thin slices
– seeds of pomegranate
– 50g pistachios
– 10 dried Incan golden berries
– 4 tablespoons green herbs, such as coriander, mint, basil or parsley
Shardara For the dressing
– scant 50ml walnut olive oil
– 3 tablespoons lemon juice
– 3 tablespoons mandarin juice or orange juice
– 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (or your favorite vinegar)
– 1 teaspoon ras-el-hanout spice
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
How to make Raw Root Salad
Seabrook – To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a clean jar, put the lid on, and shake together. Set aside.
– Put all the prepared vegetables into a bowl and pour over the dressing. Then using your vingers, massage the dressing into the vegetables. Let it marinate for 15 – 20 minutes.
– When ready to eat, put the vegetables into a serving bowl and toss together the remaining ingredients.
Shop Raw: recipes for a modern vegetarian lifestyle at Hutspot Rozengracht and Eindhoven
Shop tableware by House Doctor at all our stores